A few years ago I made a shocking discovery.
I took a long, hard look at how I was using my time — and I was thoroughly ashamed.
This was the breakdown:
- Market research on prospective clients: 20%
- Marketing to prospects (cold-calls, emails, social media, blogging, website): 20%
- Project research: 40%
- Writing: 20%
Notice anything amazing about this?
I only spent 20% of my time doing the thing I loved best…the thing I was supposed to be making money from: WRITING. I spent the other 80% preparing to make money (i.e. research and marketing).
Of course, without marketing and research we couldn’t write great copy or get high-paying clients.
But think about this: Your writing is the only thing of any real value, in terms of income generated.
That simple thought led me to a really big idea. An idea that boosted my income by $24,000 a year.
Here’s how it works…