You’ve written a book, but it’s not selling like you had hoped. And you wonder, “Maybe some Amazon ads would help?”
Or maybe you’ve thought about writing a book but are afraid it will flop.
Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Every self-publishing author faces those fears at some point in their career.
Thankfully, there’s a platform that can make sure your book gets in front of exactly the right people.
You can place Amazon ads to promote your book using Amazon Marketing Services (AMS). And it doesn’t matter if your book is new or old. You can use Amazon ads to sell your book when you want and where you won’t on Amazon’s own platform.
And contrary to popular belief, you don’t need loads of time or a huge marketing budget for Amazon ads. You don’t have to be super techy or be a marketing guru. You don’t even have to be enrolled in Amazon’s Kindle publishing platform for authors anymore.
In fact, you can set up a long-term Amazon ad campaign using Amazon Marketing Services in less than 15 minutes and spend less than $10 per month.
Want to learn how to do this? Here’s what you need to know:
Sell more books with Amazon ads
First and foremost, you can directly gain more book sales by advertising with Amazon ads. With these ad campaigns, you can get your book to show up based on:
- Exact search terms
- Book titles
- Authors of similar books
These terms are your keywords, and they allow you to put your book in front of the people who are interested in (and searching for) your book topic.
Tap into Amazon’s audience of 244 million people
Plus, these ads are on Amazon…the place people go to buy tons of stuff. Putting your ad in front of people who are already looking for a book to buy is the perfect opportunity for authors. People don’t go to Facebook to buy books; they go to Amazon. This is why Amazon ads are better for authors than any other type of book advertising.
Plus, while Amazon ads are perfect as one of your tactics for launching a new book, it’s also an effective way to revive the sales of an old book. So whether you have old books that are dead or have a brand new book coming out, advertising with Amazon Marketing Services can help you sell more books. But that’s not all…
Raise your rank as a best-selling author
You won’t just see a brief spike of sales though. With your targeted Amazon ads, you should see continuous sales, which is better for your Amazon Best Seller Rank, which increases your rank in your categories. And with a higher category rank, you will gain more exposure, more readers, and even more sales. For these reasons, making continuous sales should be a key part of your long-term book marketing plan.
- Amazon ads for a book series. If you’re an author of a series, creating an Amazon ad for the first book in your series should get more people to read your first book, which is crucial for getting more people to read the rest of the books in your series. So with the advertising effort focused on book #1, you’ll automatically see the domino effect of more sales for books #2, #3, and so on.
- Amazon ads for Kindle Unlimited. Also, if you’re in Kindle Unlimited, your advertisements on Amazon can lead to more pages read, which means more profit. At this time, however, pages read is not recorded in your Amazon Marketing Services account dashboard, but this should be an added benefit you see outside your AMS account.
Build an audience by marketing your book
If you have a content upgrade, lead magnet, or bonus in your book for people to sign up for, your ads can lead to more email subscribers as well. Here are a couple of examples:
- Example #1. In Pat Flynn’s book Will it Fly?, he offers a free course as an awesome upgrade for readers. Pat sees over 33 percent of his book buyers sign up for his email list for his free course. And we all know how building your email list is a profitable way to upscale your online business.
More exposure and book sales also can lead to more product sales if your book funnels to a larger product or service.
- Example #2. Ryan Cleckner used Amazon ads to promote his book about long range shooting, which sent hundreds of new people to and article he wrote. The article then got more students to enroll in his course. Ryan is doing very well now, and it all started as a domino effect from his targeted Amazon ads.
Book marketing made easy for authors
Interested in what Amazon ads can do for you but not sure how to get started?
No problem. I created a completely FREE course for both beginning and advanced writers just like you. It covers everything you need to know, like the basics about Amazon Marketing Services to advanced tactics to make the most of Amazon ads.
You’ll learn how to:
- Target exactly when your books appear on Amazon–without spending a lot of time or money
- Sell more books (old ones and new ones)
- See more continuous sales, rather than a spike that plummets
- Get a higher Amazon Best Seller Rank and category rank
- Increase your pages read (if you’re in Kindle Unlimited)
- Build a bigger email list
- AND get more traffic to your website, products, or services
I even have examples and case studies for both fiction and nonfiction as well.
Get your book in front of more readers
AMS is a simple yet amazing opportunity to get your book in front of the readers you want. This doesn’t mean you can skimp on a so-so book cover design, bypass hiring legitimate editors, or botch your formatting.
Advertising with AMS is a skill that every author should strive to improve so that anytime you write a book, you can always depend one particular way to ensure people see it. And now thanks to the free course, you can do just that.
After that, it’s up to your writing whether or not you become a true bestseller.
Need help with marketing your book on Amazon? Lets discuss on my Facebook.