Writers should be able to find good-paying markets for their work. But I’ve found many writers have the creative wordplay down, but the business-marketing and self-confidence…not so much.
- Do you dream of turning your writing skills into a paying career?
- Been writing for a living but not earning much for all your hard work?
- Getting back into freelancing and need to freshen up your marketing skills?
- Would you like to make high five figures or more from your writing, but don’t know how?
I’ve heard a lot of stories like these. And they make me feel sad.
I created Freelance Writers Den to help new writers (and established writers who’re new to freelancing) find the answers and support they need to move up and earn more. If you’re interested in 1-on-1 or group mentoring with me, you’ll need to be a member for at least a month first. Trust me, we have a lot of basic trainings in there that I want you to take first — it’ll make your mentoring process a lot more productive.
These days, my main mentoring focus is on helping established freelance writers double their income. That’s because I’ve done a lot of 1-on-1 coaching…and found that many writers need more support.
So in April 2015, I launched my small-group mastermind/1-on-1 coaching program for established freelancers: Den 2X Income Accelerator.
Den 2X Income Accelerator
If you’ve been freelancing for at least a year and earn at least $15,000-$40,000 from freelancing, you might want to consider joining me in Den 2X Income Accelerator.
This is a focused combo of small-group mastermind and 1-on-1 coaching, with a customizable Road Map course designed to double your income in the next 6-12 months.
Membership in this program is a three-month minimum commitment at $139 a month (unlike most mastermind groups, which charge you thousands up-front!).
We have rolling enrollment for Den 2X, which is by application only. Since starting this program in April, we have seen some amazing results — see what my students say, and apply here.
One-on-One Mentoring Program
With my 1-on-1 mentoring, it’s just you and me, working intensively on identifying the areas where you can most easily find good-paying writing work.
My 1-on-1 program includes:
- A 90-minute 1-on-1 initial coaching call
- Free copies of ALL my e-books (worth over $50): See a list here.
- 1 month of support and access in Freelance Writers Den
- A half-hour followup call to be scheduled as you need it.
Who is my 1-on-1 mentoring program for (and not)?
This 1-on-1 program is for:
- Writers who are fluent in written English and have some writing experience, even if it’s just writing your own blog.
- Early-stage writers who feel confident in their skills
- Experienced writers who’re new to freelancing, or returning after a hiatus
- Writers who have written as part of a job but need to learn the freelance ropes
- Writers who want to learn more about online markets
My mentoring isn’t a fit if:
- You’ve never written before and are just contemplating getting into freelance writing. I do not teach you to write from scratch, or critique your writing in any detail in this program. If you need a writing improvement program, check out Article Writing Masterclass.
- You are frozen in fear and unable to take action to move your career forward. If this is you, I recommend first seeing a therapist to resolve any underlying issues that keep you from executing on your writing goals. You’ll need self-confidence to pursue this career. When you’ve got that going on, I’m here to help.
Wondering what mentoring is like?
Listen to a Mentoring Call
Read Blog Posts from My Mentees
How 1-on-1 Mentoring Works
My one-on-one coaching begins with a 90-minute call that has three main parts:
- I review your online marketing tools (ie website/blog/LinkedIn profile) and discuss how to make them an effective magnet for attracting great-paying clients.
- Using my exclusive worksheet, I help you identify the best-paying target markets for you, based on your interests and experience.
- We discuss the best marketing methods for tapping into those markets.
You leave with a focused marketing plan for moving forward.
From there, we can stay in touch on Freelance Writers Den, forwarding ideas and leads and exchanging thoughts and encouragement as you execute your plan. You can also get accountability by posting your goals in the Den and updating them monthly.
What my mentoring students say:
“When I made the jump to freelance writing full-time, I had dozens of questions and gobs of concerns. Carol not only helped guide me in the right direction through her mentoring program, but she still provides ongoing support and encouragement that has directly resulted in my landing several high-paying writing opportunities. I’d recommend Carol’s services to anyone looking to jump-start their writing career.” — James Patterson, OnPoint Writing and Communications
What does it cost?
My one-on-one mentoring program is $600. And no, there is not a payment plan. You need to be ready to make a serious commitment to learning what it takes to earn well as a writer. And seriously — one decent assignment will pay you back.
Here’s the story of how I started mentoring:
I began coaching friends informally years ago, just giving them tips and advice about how they could grow their income. I was amazed when some of my mentees soon were writing for better-paying national markets than I was! I love seeing others ignite their writing careers and become successful freelancers.
When you hire me as a mentor, you get a seasoned mentor who’s been helping writers one-on-one for five years, and a writer with more than a decade of freelance experience. I’m still actively freelancing, too, so my knowledge of markets and marketing methods is current.
More mentee raves:
“After Carol worked with me on my query-writing skills, I landed the best-paying gig I’ve had in my freelancing career. I sent Carol my query letter, and she told me where my query hit the mark, where it failed, and explained why. I revised it and sent it back to her — she made a couple more recommendations, which I followed, and then I sent it. Within a week, we were talking contract terms.”—Janet E. Clark
“I think Carol is amazing — not only does she know the business, but she truly GETS it, and her advice has already landed me more money in a single contract than I’ve ever secured on my own. I highly recommend Carol and her mentoring program. I appreciate what she did for me more than I can possibly express.”— Angie Atkinson
“Sitting down with Carol was just the spark I needed to take the next step in my free-lance career. She truly knows all the ins and outs of marketing yourself as a writer. I left our initial session feeling energized and finally excited about my career. We came up with an action plan and a realistic to-do list that took into account my previous experience and my future goals. I can’t say enough about how helpful this has been for me. And while Carol is a gifted writer and marketer, she also is a terrific cheerleader and helped me put a fresh perspective on my work; I feel very fortunate to have had this experience with her.”— Alayne P.